postgresql rising - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject postgresql rising
Date
Re: postgresql rising  (Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com>)
List pgsql-general
I have seen a steady progressive rise in the number of postgresql
related jobs and the quality of those jobs.   Major companies are
apparently rolling out critical infrastructure on postgresql...Vonage
is one example:

(http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=47975237&AVSDM=2006%2D09%2D15+13%3A07%3A10&Logo=1&JobTitle=PostgreSQL+Databa%2E%2E%2E&q=postgresql&cy=us&JSNONREG=1&Image1.x=0&Image1.y=0&dcjvlid=380).
Salaries for a capable pg dba are really attractive, I have seen
several in the 6 figure range.  If you are reading this list and you
like making money, this is amazing news folks.  I am seeing a
confluence of many factors leading to serious penetration into the
enterprise market.

Around 5 years ago after being mostly a c/c++ developer I decided
postgresql was where it was at.  Learning the database and becoming
productive with it has been professionally rewarding on many levels.
It's really exciting watching the community evolve.

merlin