Re: postgresql rising - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: postgresql rising
Date
Re: postgresql rising  (Andrew Kelly <akelly@corisweb.org>)
List pgsql-general
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> I have seen a steady progressive rise in the number of postgresql
> related jobs and the quality of those jobs.   Major companies are
> apparently rolling out critical infrastructure on postgresql...Vonage
> is one example:

That is good news, I wish there where some of those Postgresql jobs in
the Milwaukee area :-)
Don't want to move to NJ :-(

It does seem to be a grass roots kind of thing as the major corp
managers have no clue what Postgresql is.
For a high level corp manager all they ever hear about is MS SQL Server,
Oracle and DB2, and the more it costs the more they think it is what
they need :-)

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design