Re: Deploying app. using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Deploying app. using PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/12/06, RPK <rohitprakash123@indiatimes.com> wrote:

> I developed an app. using VB.NET 2003 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3. I want to deploy
> this app. at customer site. It is not sure that they are having an NTFS
> partition or not. Do we need to create an NTFS partition to install
> PostgreSQL?

iirc ntfs is required for at least one feature, tablespaces.  the
installer may require it as well.  in any case, you pretty much want
to do ntfs anyways.

> I also want to know whether there is a separate PostgreSQL client version
> that need to be installed at the client side, as with other database
> softwares like Oracle.

you only need the client side driver.  this could be the npgsql driver
or the odbc driver in thats case.  both can be installed via the
installer.  all other modules including the server itself are not
required.

merlin