Dynamically create scheme - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mick van der Most van Spijk
Subject Dynamically create scheme
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am writing an installscript and I would like to create a schema
dynamically, based on a new input.

-- this is the trigger that calls the install script
CREATE TRIGGER tr_install_account AFTER INSERT
 ON accounts FOR EACH ROW
 EXECUTE PROCEDURE install();

-- the install script
1 CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION install() RETURNS TRIGGER
2 AS '
3  BEGIN
4   INSERT INTO bedrijven (kvk, account) VALUES (''00000000'', NEW.account);
5   INSERT INTO settings (account, logo) VALUES (NEW.account, '''');

6   CREATE SCHEMA NEW.account;
7   RETURN NEW;
8  END;
9 ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

It goes wrong at line 9. I want to create a schema based on the accountname
supplied. But i cant get it to work. Does anybody know how i get it to work
or what reference i must read?

Regards,

Mick vd Most v Spijk
--