Re: How do I change the server encoding? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: How do I change the server encoding?
Date
List pgsql-general
Joseph Shraibman wrote:
After further experimenting I think the problem is in psql.  When I try
update mytable set firstname = 'Oné' where ukey =  12911;

It works with a latin1 database, but when I try it on a unicode database:

utfowl=# update mytable set firstname = 'Oné' where ukey =  12911;
utfowl'#

It thinks there is an open quote or something.  This is even if I set the client encoding
to be latin1.  Of course dumps are read with the copy command but maybe it is the same
problem.