Re: Need help to migrate pqSQL db 8.0.3 to 8.2.6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Need help to migrate pqSQL db 8.0.3 to 8.2.6
Date
List pgsql-general
On 25/03/2008, Tri Quach <tquach@k12.hi.us> wrote:
> Hi All,

> I installed pqsql 8.2.6 on a new server.  I need to migrate the data from
> pqSQL db 8.0.3 on the old server to 8.2.6 on the new server.  Can anyone
> provide me a document how to migrate?
It's part of the package.  Read the INSTALL document that comes with
postgres, it has an UPGRADE section.  In a nutshell you want to use
pg_dump (or pg_dumpall, depending on how many databases you
have loaded) ... you can either save the files, install the new version
and import them, or you can (if you start the newer version on a
different port than 5432 and have it use a different base directory)
have both versions running at the same time.

What OS & version are you running PG on? And if you can, use 8.2.7

> Thank you for your help.
>
> Tri
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.