Re: Using Postgres as a "embedded" / SQL Lite database on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Using Postgres as a "embedded" / SQL Lite database on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/25/07, Craig Hawkes <craig.hawkes@gmail.com> wrote:

> There will really be two targets, replacing the existing single user
> solutions, and providing a larger solution with multi-user etc. There is
> however large base of similar code between these solutions, and it would be
> perferable if they could use the same back-end engine or something very
> simliar. I know some people will aruge that you should use the right tool
> for the job, and I guess I am tring to see if there is a right tool which
> will work for both these.
I guess you could be looking at an intermediate abstraction layer
that will allow your application to communicate with whatever database
that newly added tier can talk to.

> My main/only real hesiation with Postgres is around supporting non IT users,
> mainly around installation. I am keen to here peoples comments on this, and
> what steps could be taken to mitigate these.
The "immediate" option that springs to mind would be to offer
consultancy and installation support.

> Thank you for your comments
> Craig
Cheers,
Andrej

P.S.: Please, do not top post :} ... see my sig for reasons.

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.