Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/14/07, john_sm <john_smith3853@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey guys, for an enterprise wide deployment, what will you
> suggest and why among - Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux and
> Ubuntu Linux, also, do you think, we can negotiate the
> support pricing down?
For all it's worth:  my personal experiences with RH support
were shocking, to say the least, and I can't fathom why
anyone would want to pay for it.

If you have in-house linux expertise, choose whatever they're
familiar with.  If you don't - find a local company that can give
you support and use what they're familiar with.  Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Andrej