Re: postgres and webmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: postgres and webmin
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/28/07, Danyelle Gragsone <ladynikon@gmail.com> wrote:
> BEFORE
> # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
>
> #"local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> host template1  postfix, postfixadmin  all 10.2.0.202 255.255.255.0 trust
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
> # IPv6 local connections:
> #host    all         all         ::1/128               trust
>
> AFTER
>
> # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
>
> "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> host template1  postfix, postfixadmin  all 10.2.0.202 255.255.255.0 trust
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
> # IPv6 local connections:
> #host    all         all         ::1/128               trust
>
> You mean like this?

Firstly I fail to see the difference between the before and after.

Secondly you don't have a line that begins with local. Add the
following line to your file (was the stuff you just posted the entire file?)
and restart postgres.
local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser

Thirdly you're still top-posting :}

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.