Re: How to store a password encripted in a user defined table - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: How to store a password encripted in a user defined table
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 3/1/07, Eugenio Flores <eflores767003@yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
> Hello, I wonder if somebody knows how to store passwords in a
> column that is part of a user defined table.
Assuming that your passwords are application specific use
a sha1 or md5 algorithm (depending on how sensitive your data is)
and store that in a varchar or char field.  When the user authenticates
the password gets hashed in the app and compared against the
stored hash.

Cheers,
Andrej