Re: protecting a database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: protecting a database
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 8/24/06, Keith Worthington <KeithW@narrowpathinc.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to protect a database so that the structure cannot be seen?
>
> I would like to use postgresql for data storage in a product I am
> working on.  The challenge is that most of the value of the product will
> be in the database structure itself (data model, functions, etc.).  I
> want to prevent people from seeing anything while still allowing the GUI
> to get at the data.
>
> Is there a way to do this?  URLs to relevant documentation are welcome.
I don't think you can - not via postgres-means, anyway.

If you think about it - the server process needs to be able
to access those structures;  if they were munged it couldn't.

> --
>
> Kind Regards,
> Keith

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.