Re: postgres arithmetic: raising to nth power - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: postgres arithmetic: raising to nth power
Date
List pgsql-novice
> Hi all,

> testing a few arithmetic calculations to make sure I understood how
> they worked before including them in a a query I met with the following
> results:
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.

Except for the fact that you encounter rounding errors (which
shouldn't come as a surprise with an exponent of 54) everything
seems to work "normally" as far as I'm concerned.

If you need arbitrary precision don't do the calculation using
a select statement but rather utilise CLN or some other special
maths library.

Cheers,
Andrej