Re: for installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Kersten
Subject Re: for installation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Hui,

    http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html

This is what I am trying to follow. I think it is really a mess what the
geeks (no offence guys... its just how it looks to mee) provide as
installation... Even that you have to compile it to yourself. You know
being not the admin guy and have to set up that database to evaluate
wether to drop mysql and install this is true pain in your but. By the
way the admin only speeks linux and sits 100 miles away... .

Why can't they provide a postgresql.exe? I just need the files after the
make step. But no you have to battle with cygwin instead. You have
to install gcc and stuff at your own. This is developerfriendly. :(

Try your best. Maybe we should share company and try to work
our way through by providing each other tips...

The developer of postgre get 1+ for the database and a 6- for installation.

Bye

Martin (Kersten)

""Hui Chen"" <hqc@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C2CBE2.11E6EFF0
>
> Hi, I'm very confuse with the instruction to install postgresql-7.3.1 in
wi=
> ndows2000,pls tell me where I can find more info to install pg in my
comput=
> er.
>                                          Jim
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C2CBE2.11E6EFF0

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1"
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi, I'm very confuse with the instruction
=
> to=20
> install postgresql-7.3.1 in windows2000,pls tell me where I can find more
i=
> nfo=20
> to install pg in my computer.</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20

size=3D2>           =

            &nb=

sp;            =