Re: How to update unicode mapping table? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: How to update unicode mapping table?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26.09.23 00:20, Tom Lane wrote:
> On a slightly related note, I noticed while preparing 3aff1d3fd
> that src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/Makefile seems a little screwy.
> If you go into that directory and type "make distclean", you'll
> find it removes some files that are in git:

Since this is only used during update-unicode, whose purpose is to
overwrite files in git, this might not be totally wrong.

Maybe the target names distclean and maintainer-clean are inappropriate,
since they suggest some standard semantics.  Maybe the current semantics
are also not that useful, I'm not sure.  I guess among the things you'd
want are "delete all intermediate downloaded files", which seemingly
none of these do.