Re: stopping access to a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From codeWarrior
Subject Re: stopping access to a database
Date
List pgsql-general
Dennis:

You gotta ask yourself -- "how long is the delete / insert going to take
???"  -- all of about 3 seconds probably....

I'd just do it in a transaction because you said that database 2 is
"publicly accessible"... What happens if Joe Public is trying to get some of
that public info and you have the systemn locked...