Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24/03/17 02:00, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 3/21/17 21:38, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> This patch is looking pretty good to me, modulo the failing pg_dump tests.
>>
>> Attached is a fixup patch.  I have mainly updated some comments and
>> variable naming for (my) clarity.  No functional changes.
> Committed all that.

Testing now this patch is in, I'm unable to create a subscription:

(master)

bench=# CREATE PUBLICATION pgbench        FOR TABLE pgbench_accounts , pgbench_branches,
pgbench_tellers,pgbench_history        WITH (PUBLISH INSERT, PUBLISH UPDATE, PUBLISH DELETE);

(slave)

bench=# CREATE SUBSCRIPTION pgbench        CONNECTION 'port=5447 user=postgres dbname=bench'        PUBLICATION pgbench
      WITH (COPY DATA);

ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"pg_subscription_rel_srrelid_srsubid_index"
DETAIL:  Key (srrelid, srsubid)=(0, 16389) already exists.

This is a pair of freshly initdb'ed instances, the master has a size 100
pgbench schema.

I'm guessing this is a different bug from the segfault also reported

regards

Mark