Re: arrays of floating point numbers / linear algebra operations into the DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Webb Sprague
Subject Re: arrays of floating point numbers / linear algebra operations into the DB
Date
List pgsql-general
> I'm quite proud, this is my first C extension function ;-)
> I'd gladly post the code if it's ok for the list users. It's more or
> less 100 lines of code. This approach seems promising...

I would definitely like to see it.

> By the way, Webb: I took a look at GSL and it seems to me that, from a
> linear algebra point of view, it's basically cblas, so I'd use cblas
> directly.
> Please let me know your thoughts/advices,

The only thing about GSL is that it would make it easier to tie into
some very sophisticated stuff later, and (I think) the basic linear
algebra is probably just as fast as CBLAS, and we could implement it
first.  It would also be easy to define a big project as : "bring GSL
to Postgres", and then people could work on pieces.  But if you
actually write it, you get to decide :)

GSL licensing is GNU ish, so may be that is a deal breaker, too.