Re: Importing *huge* mysql database into pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Webb Sprague
Subject Re: Importing *huge* mysql database into pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
> I would like to convert a mysql database with 5 million records and
> growing, to a pgsql database.
>
> All the stuff I have come across on the net has things like
> "mysqldump" and "psql -f", which sounds like I will be sitting forever
> getting this to work.

Have you tried it?  5 million rows seem doable.  In postgres, make
sure you disable indexes and checks when you do your import, and use
the bulk copy.

 How long is forever?  Can you go offline?  If you only need to do it
once, it probably won't be too painful