Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2024-09-20 at 13:47 -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Please see attached.

> +    <listitem>
> +     <para>
> +      Various query performance improvements, including to sequential reads
> +      using streaming I/O, write throughput under high concurrency, and
> +      searches over multiple values in a <link linkend="btree">btree</link>
> +     </para>
> +    </listitem>

Perhaps that last part could be "and searches over IN-lists in a b-tree index".
It might be technically less correct, but I'd expect that it gives more people
the right idea.

> +        <para>
> +         <link
> +          linkend="app-pgcreatesubscriber"><application>pg_createsubscriber</application></link>,
> +          a utility that logical replicas from physical standbys
> +        </para>

There's a verb missing: "a utility that *creates* logical replicas..."

> +        <para>
> +         <link
> +          linkend="pgupgrade"><application>pg_upgrade</application></link> now
> +          preserves replication slots on both publishers and subscribers
> +        </para>

I wonder if we should omit "on both publishers and subscribers".
It preserves replication slots anywhere, right?

> +    <listitem>
> +     <para>
> +      New client-side connection option, <link
> +      that allows direct TLS handshakes that avoids a round-trip negotation.
> +     </para>
> +    </listitem>

It should be "that avoid".  Plural.

Yours,