Custom opclass for column statistics? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ancoron Luciferis
Subject Custom opclass for column statistics?
Date
Re: Custom opclass for column statistics?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

I've been wondering whether it is possible somehow to have the standard
column statistics to respect a certain operator class?

The reason why I am asking for this is that I have a UUID column with a
unique index at it using a custom operator class which implies a
different sort order than for the default UUID operator class.

This results into planner mistakes when determining whether to use the
index for row selection or not. Too often it falls back into sequential
scan due to this.

Thanx and Cheers,

    Ancoron