Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs
Date
List pgsql-www
On 10/22/18 7:11 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

> I also wonder why we need to have two search boxes on every page. Can't
> we have one where there's a selector for 'docs' and 'whole site'? I
> never use the search (grepping sgml is more efficient & accurate), but I
> can see why we'd want to offer that. But two boxes seems superfluous.

The two boxes was a temporary compromise given we had the search box on
the old docs, but never had a global search until we had the new site.
In other words, yes, it is superfluous and we need to figure it out.

> We currently reference the version we're on two times in as many
> lines. Looking at
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/intro-whatis.html
> - "Documentation → PostgreSQL devel (2018-10-22 16:17:03)"
> - underlined "devel"

Well, those are part of the breadcrumbs. Though browsing through it does
not feel like they are used, so we could eliminate them and get at least
one line back for now.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment