problems compiling pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From phil young
Subject problems compiling pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
I have 2 systems: both running RH7.3 no updates.
One is a Celeron 500Mhz, 256M Ram the other is a dual p3 1.4GHz, 2G RAM.
One is a lab machine the other will be production, hopefully soon.

I download postgresql-7.2.2.tar.gz
tar zxvf postgresql-7.2.2.tar.gz
cd postgresql-7.2.2.tar.gz
./configure
on the Celeron when I make it compiles and is done in 10 to 12 minutes.
on the dual p3 when I make it it looks as though it is running the
./configure.  By that I mean the screen looks like:
  checking ...
  checking ...
  checking ...
and so on and it never finishes, I let is run for 24 hours.

Does anyone have an RPM of postgresql that has locale enabled?
I know it is slower but the coder wants it turned on, that is the only
reason I'm compliing it from source.

I did a make -d to a file if anyone think it would be helpful.

Phil