Re: Converting yes or no to one letter strings. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Converting yes or no to one letter strings.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 4 Jun 2019, Lou wrote:

> To start off, I just need to convert true to 's'. false will have to be
> manually changed to 'f' or 'p' or 'e' as appropriate.

Lou,

I'm far from an expert so take my comments with a bag of salt. First,
'false' is displayed in a column as 'f' when you look at a table with psql.
'true' is displayed as 't'.

Second, if you need to display to the user something other than 't' and 'f'
that should be done with your UI, not by changing postgres.

Regards,

Rich