Identifying comments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Identifying comments
Date
List pgsql-general
I know that "--" has been the single-line comment identifier since SQL was
implemented by IBM on mainframes using Hollerith cards. Today, some RDBMSs
also allow the C comment indentifier pair, /* ... */.

The postgres10 manual when searched for 'comments' presents the double
hyphens and, in Section 4.1.3, on the top line of page 39, I read that "--
and /* cannot appear anywhere in an operator name, since they will be taken
as the start of a comment."

I want only to confirm that I can use /* ... */ for multiline comments in my
DDL and DML scripts.

TIA,

Rich