Resetting cluster-wide statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Resetting cluster-wide statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
There are a few statistics that are only kept on a per-cluster basis, such
as those reported in pg_stat_database and pg_stat_bgwriter.  Since
pg_stat_reset only resets per-database counts, it doesn't touch those.

I'd like to have a function that resets those.  Maybe iterates over all
the databases while it's at it and clear the whole mess out as another
option.  I'm curious why something resetting the cluster-wide stats isn't
available already.  Just because nobody bothered to write it before, or is
there some reason why this can't work that I just didn't notice during my
brief scan of pgstat.c?