Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalogdescriptions - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalogdescriptions
Date
Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
List pgsql-docs
Hello Tom,

> oid oid
>     Row identifier
>
> adrelid oid (references pg_class.oid)
>     The table this column belongs to
>
> adnum int2 (references pg_attribute.attnum)
>     The number of the column
>
> adbin pg_node_tree
>     The column default value, in nodeToString() representation. Use
>     pg_get_expr(adbin, adrelid) to convert it to an SQL expression.
>
> Thoughts?

+1

My 0.02€: I'm wondering whether the description could/should match SQL
syntax, eg:

   oid OID
   adrelid OID REFERENCES pg_class(oid)
   adnum INT2 REFERENCES pg_attribute(attnum)
   …

Or maybe just uppercase type names, especially when repeated?

   oid OID
   adrelid OID (references pg_class.oid)
   adnum INT2 (references pg_attribute.attnum)
   …

I guess that reference targets would still be navigable.

--
Fabien.