Re: pgbench - refactor init functions with buffers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgbench - refactor init functions with buffers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello David,

>>> I'd prefer not to expand the use of pqexpbuffer in more places, and
>>> instead rather see this use StringInfo, now that's also available to
>>> frontend programs.
>>
>> Franckly, one or the other does not matter much to me.
>
> FWIW, I agree with Andres with regard to using StringInfo.

Ok. I find it strange to mix PQExpBuffer & StringInfo in the same file.

> Also, the changes to executeStatementExpect() and adding executeStatement()
> do not seem to fit in with the purpose of this patch.

Yep, that was in passing.

Attached a v6 which uses StringInfo, and the small refactoring as a
separate patch.

--
Fabien.
Attachment