Re: pgbench - refactor init functions with buffers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgbench - refactor init functions with buffers
Date
Re: pgbench - refactor init functions with buffers  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Andres,

>> Attached v3 shorten some lines and adds "append_tablespace".

A v4 which just extends the patch to newly added 'G'.

> I'd prefer not to expand the use of pqexpbuffer in more places, and
> instead rather see this use StringInfo, now that's also available to
> frontend programs.

Franckly, one or the other does not matter much to me.

However, pgbench already uses PQExpBuffer, it uses PsqlScanState which
also uses PQExpBuffer, and it intrinsically depends on libpq which
provides PQExpBuffer: ISTM that it makes sense to keep going there, unless
PQExpBuffer support is to be dropped.

Switching all usages would involve a significant effort and having both
PQExpBuffer and string_info used in the same file for the same purpose
would be confusing.

--
Fabien.
Attachment