Re: pgsql: Rework the pg_statistic_ext catalog - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgsql: Rework the pg_statistic_ext catalog
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hello Tom,

>> I see that Coelho's two bleeding-edge-clang animals are reporting that
>> failure too.  Normally I'd just ignore those two;

And you'd be right.

>> they break pretty regularly.  Maybe you're using an
>> almost-bleeding-edge clang?
>
> Oh --- I managed to reproduce that failure locally on RHEL6 (nothing
> bleeding-edge anywhere), but it went away after make-clean-and-rebuild.

> I'm suspicious that the underlying cause was failure to recompile
> something that knows the value of CATALOG_VERSION_NO.

Hmmm. My animals compile out of the source tree, not sure how this could
happen.

> This theory is insufficient to explain why Coelho's animals failed,
> though.  Maybe it would, if you also posit a ccache screwup?  But it's
> not obvious from their configurations that they're using ccache at all.

Indeed, no ccache. The compilers change often (well, once a week), I do
not want anything kept across compiler versions. The animals are really
testing the compilers as much as they are testing postgres.

However, there is an autoconf cache, but I do not see why it would have
such an effect.

So no clue.

--
Fabien.