Re: pgsql: Rework the pg_statistic_ext catalog - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Rework the pg_statistic_ext catalog
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> This theory is insufficient to explain why Coelho's animals failed,
>> though.  Maybe it would, if you also posit a ccache screwup?  But it's
>> not obvious from their configurations that they're using ccache at all.

> Indeed, no ccache. The compilers change often (well, once a week), I do
> not want anything kept across compiler versions. The animals are really
> testing the compilers as much as they are testing postgres.

> However, there is an autoconf cache, but I do not see why it would have
> such an effect.

> So no clue.

And now they're both green again, so even less clue.  Oh well.
On another day I'd be interested to understand exactly what happened
there, but right now I lack the time or energy to look closer.

(I do still have a suspicion that it was somehow caused by the
catversion bumps ...)

            regards, tom lane