Re: pgsql: Rework the pg_statistic_ext catalog - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: pgsql: Rework the pg_statistic_ext catalog
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 01:52:03PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>>> This theory is insufficient to explain why Coelho's animals failed,
>>> though.  Maybe it would, if you also posit a ccache screwup?  But it's
>>> not obvious from their configurations that they're using ccache at all.
>
>> Indeed, no ccache. The compilers change often (well, once a week), I do
>> not want anything kept across compiler versions. The animals are really
>> testing the compilers as much as they are testing postgres.
>
>> However, there is an autoconf cache, but I do not see why it would have
>> such an effect.
>
>> So no clue.
>
>And now they're both green again, so even less clue.  Oh well.
>On another day I'd be interested to understand exactly what happened
>there, but right now I lack the time or energy to look closer.
>
>(I do still have a suspicion that it was somehow caused by the
>catversion bumps ...)

FWIW I'm not using anything bleeding edge either (gcc from fedora 29,
8.3.1 to be exact), no ccache. And I can't reproduce it anymore, so I
agree it might have been some stale state after catversion bump.
Although I usually do make-clean before running tests ...

regards