Re: commitfest: When are you assigned patches to review? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: commitfest: When are you assigned patches to review?
Date
Re: commitfest: When are you assigned patches to review?  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Mitar,

> I am new to this community. I have submitted few patches to this
> commitfest and I have read that it is expected that I also review some
> other patches. But I am not sure about the process here. Should I wait
> for some other patches to be assigned to me to review? Or is there
> some other process?

The process is that *you* choose the patches to review and register as
such for the patch on the CF app.

> Also, how is the level at which I should review it
> determined?

Patches as complex as the one you submitted?

Based on your area of expertise?

> I am not really too sure in my skills and understanding of
> PostgreSQL codebase to feel confident that I can review well, but I am
> willing to try. I have read [1] and [2].

There are doc patches, client-side code patches, compilation
infrastructure patches...

--
Fabien.