Re: some more error location support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: some more error location support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Peter,

> Here are three patches to add more detailed error location support to
> some parts of CREATE TABLE (defaults, check constraints, partition
> specifications) as well as the COPY command.  Examples can be seen in
> the regression test output.
>
> The first two are low-hanging fruit, since all the information was
> already collected and just needed to be passed through one last hop.
> The third one is a bit more invasive; it adds location information to
> the Value node, which is used in a variety of commands, so COPY is just
> a start here.

About patch 2: applies cleanly independently of the first one, compiles,
"make check" is ok.

There is a "make_parsestate", but no corresponding free. The usual
pattern, although there seems to be a few exception, is to "make" and
"free".

Even if there is some under-the-hood garbage collection, I'd suggest to
add a free after the call to ComputePartitionAttrs.

--
Fabien.