Re: pgbench's expression parsing & negative numbers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgbench's expression parsing & negative numbers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> I'll come up with a patch for that sometime soon.
>>
>> ISTM that you have not sent any patch on the subject, otherwise I would
>> have reviewed it. Maybe I could do one some time later, unless you think
>> that I should not.
>
> Here is a patch which detects pgbench overflows on int & double constants,
> and on integer operators.

... it but forgot to handle parsing min int, which was the initial focus
of this thread.

This patch does that as well by handling it as the special case between
lexer & parser (the issue being that 9223372036854775808 cannot be lexed
as an standard integer, as it is too large, and -9223372036854775808 is
really two tokens, so must be managed from the parser).

--
Fabien.
Attachment