Re: Re: csv format for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Re: csv format for psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Pavel,

> Using \pset format csv means overwriting field sep every time - nobody uses

Yep. The alternative is to have a csv-specific separator variable, which
does not seem very useful, must be remembered, but this is indeed
debatable.

> I think so dependency on order of psql arguments is significant problem

This is intentional, and this issue/feature already exists, the last
argument overwrite previous settings thus will win, eg:

   psql --pset=format=troff --html -c 'SELECT 1'

Will output in html, not in troff.

--
Fabien.