Re: [HACKERS] pgbench tap tests & minor fixes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgbench tap tests & minor fixes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Alvaro,

>> Here is a v3, with less files. I cannot say I find it better, but it
>> still works.
>>
>> The "command_likes" function has been renamed "command_checks".
>
> Do parts of this need to be backpatched?

I would not bother too much about backpatching.

> I notice that you're patching pgbench.c, probably to fix some bug(s);

The bug fix part is about small issues that I noticed while writing
extensive tests. Probably nobody would have noticed otherwise for some
time.

> is the idea that we would backpatch all the new tests on whatever old
> branches need the bugfixes too? If so, how far back do the fixes need to
> go?

I'd say 9.6. There has been quite some changes and significant
restructuring on pgbench wrt to prior versions.

> ISTM TestLib::command_checks() needs a comment explaining what it does.
> Its API seems pretty opaque.

Ok. That I can do. I'm wondering about Windows portability that I cannot
check.

--
Fabien.