Re: [HACKERS] pgbench tap tests & minor fixes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgbench tap tests & minor fixes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Here is a v3, with less files. I cannot say I find it better, but it still
> works.
>
> The "command_likes" function has been renamed "command_checks".

Do parts of this need to be backpatched?  I notice that you're patching
pgbench.c, probably to fix some bug(s); is the idea that we would
backpatch all the new tests on whatever old branches need the bugfixes
too?  If so, how far back do the fixes need to go?

ISTM TestLib::command_checks() needs a comment explaining what it does.
Its API seems pretty opaque.