[HACKERS] "CURRENT_ROLE" is not documented - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject [HACKERS] "CURRENT_ROLE" is not documented
Date
List pgsql-hackers
While trying to understand whether there was any difference, I noticed
that CURRENT_ROLE is an undocumented synonymous for CURRENT_USER:

  psql> SELECT CURRENT_ROLE;
    current_user -- not a typo, it really says "current_user"
    calvin

  sh> grep -i CURRENT_ROLE doc/src/sgml/*/*.sgml doc/src/sgml/*.sgml

Is there a special reason why it does not appear in the documentation? If
not, I would suggest to apply the attached minimal documentation patch.

Also, there is a SESSION_USER, but no SESSION_ROLE. Not sure of the
rationale.

--
Fabien.