Re: Variable substitution in psql backtick expansion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Variable substitution in psql backtick expansion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Tom,

> about version numbers [...] Of course, there are probably other ways to
> do that, but my point is that you haven't made a case why we need to put
> this in now rather than later.

Indeed, I have not. What about having the ability to test for minor
versions?
  \if false    -- pre 10.0    \q  \endif  SELECT :VERSION_NUM < 100002 AS minor_not_ok \gset  \if :minor_not_ok
\echoscript requires at least pg 10.2    \q  \endif

Otherwise it will wait for next CF. Note that the patch is pretty minor
and straightforward, no need to spend much time on it.

--
Fabien.