Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
<Argh, wrong sender again, sorry [again] for the repost. I must tweak my mail client configuration...>

>>> Good. So we seem to agree that GUCS are transactional?
>
> I'm surprised, I never knew this.

I must admit that it was also a (good) surprise for me.

The documentation says it:

"""
If SET (or equivalently SET SESSION) is issued within a transaction that is
later aborted, the effects of the SET command disappear when the transaction is
rolled back. Once the surrounding transaction is committed, the effects will
persist until the end of the session, unless overridden by another SET.
"""

But I have not found anything clear about user-defined parameters.

--
Fabien.