Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: checkpointer continuous flushing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Andres,

> If I see correctly you picked up the version without sorting durch
> checkpoints. I think that's not going to work - there'll be too many
> situations where the new behaviour will be detrimental.  Did you
> consider combining both approaches?

Ja, I thought that it was a more complex patch with uncertain/less clear
benefits, and as this simpler version was already effective enough as it
was, so I decided to start with that and try to have reasonable proof of
benefits so that it could get through.

--
Fabien.