Re: Add more regression tests for dbcommands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Add more regression tests for dbcommands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Please find attached a patch to take code-coverage of DBCommands (CREATE
>> DATABASE / ALTER DATABASE / DROP DATABASE) from 36% to 71%.
>
> I wish to object strenuously to adding any more CREATE/DROP DATABASE
> commands to the core regression tests.  Those are at least one order of
> magnitude more expensive than any other commands we test, and the added
> code coverage is precisely zero because creation and dropping of a
> database is already done repeatedly in the contrib regression tests.

Would you be okay if there is one/a few effective create/drop (some tests
check that the create or drop fails e.g. depending on permissions, which
ISTM is not tested anywhere else), so that tests for various ALTER
DATABASE commands are combined together onto these databases?

--
Fabien.