Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Maybe some tests could be applied under some condition, say a given locale is
> indeed available, but ISTM that it would require to change the test
> infrastructure in a portable way to add such feature.

I just noticed that there is a "src/test/locale" directory with some stuff
about german, greek and korean, so ISTM that the infrastructure is there,
and could be populated with other locales, especially something with UTF8
which is quite commonplace, would be nice.

However, it is not clear whether these tests run automatically or only if
they are explicitely called. The README seems to suggest that it is the
later. If so, maybe having them invoked automatically if possible would
ensure that they are run from time to time.

--
Fabien.