Re: Probable faq: need some benchmarks of pgsql vr.s mysql - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Brian Hurt
Subject Re: Probable faq: need some benchmarks of pgsql vr.s mysql
Date
Re: Probable faq: need some benchmarks of pgsql vr.s mysql
List pgsql-advocacy
For the record, the table we're having trouble inserting into is ~100 rows
with ~50 indexes on it.  E.F Codd is spinning in his grave.  The reason
they went with this design (instead of one that has two tables, each with
3-6 columns, and about that many indexes) is that "joins are slow".
Which they may be on Mysql, I don't know.  But this is (unfortunately) a
different battle.

Brian