Re: Issue getColumns(): Nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Issue getColumns(): Nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, dv wrote:

> As of postgresql 9.1 defaulted to
> standard_conforming_strings = on
>
> These warnings are turned to the errors, so they cannot be ignored any more:
>
> 2011-09-09 14:41:06 MSD ERROR:  invalid escape string
> 2011-09-09 14:41:06 MSD HINT:  Escape string must be empty or one character.
> 2011-09-09 14:41:06 MSD STATEMENT:  SELECT COUNT(a0.id) FROM country a0
> WHERE a0."name" LIKE '%%' ESCAPE '\\'

This certainly doesn't look like any JDBC driver generated SQL, so I'm not
sure what your specific complaint here is.  It looks to me like you are
using a hardcoded and incorrect escape string.  If you show the Java code
associated with this, perhaps some more concrete advice could be offered.

Kris Jurka