Connection timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sid
Subject Connection timeout
Date
List pgsql-general
hi all,

   i have an application running XSL/PHP/postgres that basically does a
download from the Postgres db and creates a text file for the data selected
from the db. To speed the queries I am using temporary tables that store the
data and at the end of the process have these tables dropped in the code
itself.(the reason to go for temp. tables was that over 20 odd tables are
accessed and storing it in a temp table helped me speed the query process).
Of the recent times the number of records fetched has gone up to 3000+ , the
app runs for a while and then times out saying the page no longer exists.
The prob is that the temp tables I had created are not getting destroyed as
the process is exiting mid-way creating lot of junk tables. I need to fix
the timeout problem.
All help would be appreciated

Thanks much
Sid