[7.3-devl] alter_table test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gordon Runkle
Subject [7.3-devl] alter_table test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The alter_table regression test is now failing for me (RH Null).

It appears that the problem is that the backend is giving back a
different error message than expected when dropping a column from a
non-existent table:

-- try altering non-existent table, should fail
alter table foo drop column bar;
ERROR:  Relation "foo" has no column "bar"

What is expected is:

-- try altering non-existent table, should fail
alter table foo drop column bar;
ERROR:  Relation "foo" does not exist

It seems to me that the expected behaviour is best, FWIW...

Thanks,

Gordon.
--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."      -- Theodore
Roosevelt