Re: Please Help me - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jochem van Dieten
Subject Re: Please Help me
Date
List pgsql-sql
Michelle Murrain wrote:

> Yeah, except I do have experience with ColdFusion, and ColdFusion
> runs into some very problematic issues with Postgres, sadly. Although
> I use Postgres almost exclusively, I had to switch to MySQL for use
> with ColdFusion.

I wonder what your issues are, because in my experience it is very
version related. With PostgreSQL versions before 7.1 there were various
problems. As of 7.1, the main problem has been drivers. ColdFusion came
with old (obsolete) drivers that didn't support many of the new features
in postgreSQL. A custom compilation of new drivers was required, but was
a tricky process.

As of CF MX, IMHO PostgreSQL is the clear winner. For the very simple
reason of full Unicode support, which means internationalization is a
breeze. Simply save templates as UTF-8 and create a database with
Unicode encoding and you are ready. And I am not aware of any problems
with the JDBC drivers.

Jochem

PS Whichever you choose, use cfqueryparam exclusively in your queries.