Re: Polyphase merge is obsolete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Polyphase merge is obsolete
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18.10.21 14:15, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 05/10/2021 20:24, John Naylor wrote:
>> I've had a chance to review and test out the v5 patches.
>
> Thanks! I fixed the stray reference to PostgreSQL 14 that Zhihong
> mentioned, and pushed.

AFAICT, this thread updated the API of LogicalTapeSetCreate() in PG15,
but did not adequately update the function header comment.  The comment
still mentions the "shared" argument, which has been removed.  There is
a new "preallocate" argument that is not mentioned at all.  Also, it's
not easy to match the actual callers to the call variants described in
the comment.  Could someone who remembers this work perhaps look this
over and update the comment?