Re: need nelp with aggregate functions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Another Trad
Subject Re: need nelp with aggregate functions
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thank you all very much.
This "official" forum is really great.

2009/11/19 Oliveiros C, <oliveiros.cristina@marktest.pt>
Howdy,

It is quite simple, the joins you used would output a long list of
pairs (client,computer), and, as many people has more than one computer, many clients will appear repeated, but the COUNT keyword will count them more than once though.

The DISTINCT keyword prevents one client from appearing more than once...

It's basically that...

Hope this helped

Best,
Oliveiros